Gasing Hill 27 Feb 2019

It is my T-2 day from reporting to work, so I decided to work out while I have the leisure of time. Being lectured of being short in discipline,  so I came here to begin my discipline lesson😅 as 1 Cor 9:25-27 and 1 Tim 4:8 spells out on the theme of discipline for bodily training as an athlete....

Joking... Not😜

The scripture is highlighting spiritual side of discipline, but nevertheless starting from bodily training may be good as well.

When I arrived at the PJ entrance, I can't help but notice the banner below stating that the parking spots is now relaxed, hikers can now park on the green region of the map as follow:


So at the PJ entrance, i took my new track by going to the left side after passing the reflexology foot region on the entrance and move all the way to the demolished watch tower site.

After the watch tower site, I came to this junction where it leads to either the suspension bridge or the little stream at "Taman Rimba Bukit Kerinchi" entrance. It seems like the Gasing Hill hikers community club made a good job in putting up signs to many junctions, kudos to the Gasing Hill hikers community club.


Other signs from the track I did:


And so, my goal today was to challenge the Gasing Hill "Killer Stretch" or "Heart Attack Slope" named by other hiker, thus I took the path to the suspension bridge which will then lead to this hardest stretch in Gasing Hill.

This is the picture that I took when I reached the suspension bridge. This bridge is hanging about 20 meters from the little stream below.


Walking straight ahead, I came to the challenge I am looking for today, behold the "Killer Stretch" or "Heart Attack Slope". This flights of stairs is about 60-70 degree slope as other hiker noted it for.
So I took a break by chugging down the green tea that I brought along with me.


As I moved upward, the flight of stairs just seem never ending...
At this point, I couldn't help it but to take another rest before continuing...


And how far I have come:


After the rest, I continued on the challenge and I reached the seemingly unending flight of stairs.


After completing the challenge, I went to "Taman Rimba Bukit Kerinchi" little stream to dip my feet before leaving Gasing Hill.



This hike took me in total 1 hour and 45 minutes and It was a great work out in keeping myself physically fit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simplex implementation in Java with sample code

Tutorial on Connecting Java application to IBM DB2 Express-C edition (Windows)

Tutorial on porting OpenCV(revision:5578) to android in Windows Environment